A Few More Things...
- Via Kottke, this is a great article about how Allied statisticians were able to figure out the number of German tanks produced each month based on the serial numbers of captured tanks.
- While searching for a cool pic of a Panzer tank, I found a good history site... Lone Sentry, which describes its content as "Photos, Articles, and Research on the European Theater in World War II."
- Here are rare photos of President Lincoln.
- Cinerati raves about the unique music site Pandora (which is part of something called the Music Genome Project -- cool-sounding name), which I had heard of before but never really checked out. I am now motivated to do so. Also, here's a Technology Review article about software that tries to organize music selections by what sorts of feelings they elicit.
- Here's Jeopardista Ken Jennings talking about his upcoming book. Sounds like ripe material for a documentary, à la Wordplay, Word Wars, and Spellbound.