What I've Been Watching Lately
- Barberland -- A nice little doc about all things tonsorial, including a tour of the Ed Jeffers Barber Museum.
- Penn & Teller's Bullshit! Season Three -- The ♥G♥ and I love this show! Conspiracy theories, gun control, life coaching... all bullshit!
- 49 Up -- This component of an excellent lifelong experiment in reality television deserves its own post.
- Taking Sides -- Based on the play by Ronald Harwood, about Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra conductor Wilhelm Furtwängler who may or may not have been a Nazi collaborator. Very thought-provoking!
- The Brood -- Early Cronenberg. Worth watching for Cronenbergians, but if you're not one, you might take a pass. Best. Broad-daylight kindergarten-teacher assassination by a mutant-child. Ever.
- My Best Fiend, Klaus Kinski -- This is a documentary by director Werner Herzog about his personal and working relationship with intense method-actor Klaus Kinski (father of nude-with-snake pin-up girl Nastassja Kinski), with whom he made numerous excellent films (Like Fitzcarraldo, for instance). Recommended! Interestingly enough, to the best of my recollection, Nastassja (or his other children) weren't even mentioned in the film.
Nastassja wasn't intervewed for the film, but the snake was.