Sunday, December 17, 2006

Time Magazine Jumps the Shark


This is the retardedest thing I've seen all day! (True, I've only been up for an hour and a half, but during that time I've seen the cat try to eat the Christmas tree. Also, it's the retardest thing I anticipate seeing for the balance of the day.) Now I am all about the lower-case-"d" democratization of the spread of ideas, information, and consumer options made possible through recent technological advances, but my hope is that is a permanent change. Does that mean that next year's TMMPotY will be the same thing?

BTW, this means that G.W. Bush has had this distinction bestowed upon himself four times now: In 2000, in 2004, in 1966 for being part of "The Generation 25 and Under," and now for being himself.

A better choice, if they were going with this theme of de-centralization, would have been "nobody," or maybe anthropomorphized ones and zeroes. Why did they have to Dr.-Philicize their selection in this manner? (I guess the cover is supposed to reflect your face when you look at it. Reminds me of when they used to have these guys at the carnival who would take your picture and then you'd come back in an hour and they'd have you as TMMotY or some similar honor from Sports Illustrated, Playboy, Fortune, or whatever.)

I still think that if they were able to select Hitler, Stalin, and the Assaholla Khomeini in years past, that they should have had the balls to pick Osama for the 2001 version.

Cover gallery here, Wikipedia here.
Update: Chrysler is the exclusive sponsor of this issue. Hahahahahaha!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Get A Life! said...

Or if you're a total loser like myself, you're gift wrapping the magazine for Mom's Christmas Gift!

See Ma, I did amount to something!
A narcissist!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home