Sunday, September 10, 2006

Loved Wicked!

The ♥G♥ and I both really really liked Wicked a lot. I'm going to have to familiarize myself with more of the Oz mythology in months to come. (L. Frank Baum profile here.) I love it when someone takes something you think you know and stands it on its head. No spoilers, but if you see it, keep a sharp eye out for all sorts of foreshadowing (and a little bit of post-9/11 commentary). The Oriental Theater is pretty nifty too.

I wonder what would happen if you played the Wicked Soundtrack at the same time as you watched The Wall.

[Also, here are some (sometimes overlapping, sometimes contradictory) theories on Oz, populism, and William Jennings Bryan.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you dug it Citizen. I'm going to load it out tonight. BTW- thanks so much for the info about the documentary 'Not Yet Rated' sent to BoingBoing. I still can't get over the fact that 'But I'm a Cheerleader' was given NC-17 the other I could kindof see, but 'Cheerleader'? Hell no! That thing is the lightest Fox-midafternoon comedy wannabe ever! Light as in, light PINK, light. Sooo very light, frilly, and funny. I'm also saddened that Jamie didn't want to be interviewed by the director for the documentary...
And , *clergy*, are on the review board? OK, I must see this doc, thanks so much for BB post!!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home