Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend Round-Up

It's been a nice weekend, one of several recently. The ♥G♥ and I did a bunch of errands and jobs around the house, including (but not limited to):
  • I pulled up some crappy carpeting the previous owner had put on the basement stairs.
  • She pulled up some dandelions and mowed the lawn.
  • My friend the former tenant helped me move a spare mattress and box spring into the basement, and he took most of the rest of his stuff out of the garage.
  • We cleaned out some basement closets and stacked them full of seasonal boxes.
  • I cleaned out the fridge real good and fixed the shelving so that it's tall enough to hold a wine bottle with the cork sticking out of it without having to tip it over. (Note: I hate having the fridge disorganized. Also, a couple of times per month I like to go through the cupboards, fridge, and freezer and finish up whatever oddball leftovers there are. Today I had a handful of garlic chips and two bananas for breakfast.)
  • We cleaned out some of the garage. There's this game I like to play when I want to do some organizing where I pick a number (usually 5, for some reason) and get rid of that many items from the area to be cleaned. We both picked five things, and then started over and picked five more.
  • Plus regular stuff like laundry, dishes, watermelon shopping, etc.

And other stuff like that... Thus, minimal blogging. However, a few things:

  • There's a big shake-up in the TTLB ecosystem. (Yes, I'm aware of the meaning of the first "T" -- you've never heard of RAS Syndrome before?) Excerpt: The blog details page has been expanded with completely new functionality, including a Metrics tab showing how a blog is doing in terms of traffic and links compared to its historical average (is this a "hot" day or a "cold" day?) and new spiral graphs which show which blogs are linking to the tracked blog --- and which ones it is linking to.
  • Speaking of getting organized, I've been checking out the 43 Folders blog a little bit lately for discussions on organization of stuff, recommended (along with GTD) by bloggers left and right. (That means "lots of bloggers," not "liberal and conservative bloggers.)
  • If you are at all interested in the race to the moon, and you have nine hours to spare, get hold of the Rocket Science DVD set. I'm almost done with it, and it is fantastic! They have all sorts of footage and talking heads to help the intelligent layman fill in the gaps in his knowledge of the space race. Includes interviews with Buzz Aldrin, Gene Cernan, Walter Cronkite, the late Scott Crossfield, Frank Borman, Jim Lovell, Gene Kranz, and many many others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home