Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Those Silly Conservatives

Allow me to point you towards this very interesting article over at Huffington. Excerpts:

The media isn't supposed to be neutral - it is supposed to be objective. There is an enormous difference between the two. And this is a difference that has been lost on the mainstream media for quite awhile now... ...Conservatives often complain that liberals want equality of results rather than equality of opportunity in social programs. They say equality of results is not possible and the best we can do is equality of opportunity for everyone in society. I agree. However, they argue the exact opposite when it comes to the press. They don't want equality of opportunity, they want equality of results. They don't want fair coverage, they want coverage which shows two equal sides no matter what actually happened... ...I love the idea of importing this nonsense idea of media neutrality to sports journalism. Tonight the Phoenix Suns beat the Los Angeles Lakers 121-90. If the Lakers were the Republicans and the Suns were the Democrats, conservatives would cry foul when the press reported that they had gotten their ass kicked tonight. Is saying the Lakers lost evidence of a Suns bias? No, it's evidence that you watched the game.

Read the whole thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fans and Friends of Lydia Cornell said...

Wow -- this is a brilliant observation and very well written. I'd love to get your name and quote you in our book.

By the way, I haven't been able to publish a new post to blogger for 5 days (on my website) and suspect a hacker as I have over 1,000 comments in this weeks post but they won't let me publish.

Have you ever had a problem like this? Could be the NSA or a Repug troll. lots of them hang out at my site.

Anyway, thanks for the wisdom. I'll link to yours once mine gets up again.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Fans and Friends of Lydia Cornell said...

Oh I see its from HuffPo. I'll keep reading yours as well. thanks,
Lydia

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home